PENGARUH KONSERVATISME TERHADAP ASIMETRI INFORMASI (STUDI EMPIRIS PADA PERUSAHAAN MANUFAKTUR DI BEI)

Aida Yulia

Abstract


The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of accounting conservatism on information asymmetry in the annual reports of companies listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange.

Target population in this study is a manufacturing company listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (BEI) with year observations from 2009 to 2011 the number of companies by 23 companies.

Of accounting conservatism measurements conducted on 23 companies, the population of the obtained results of all companies that meet more than one measurement assumptions of accounting conservatism with market value to book value ratio greater than 1, so that the company can be classified as a conservative company. From the test results it can be concluded that the regression coefficient of determinant (R2) value 0.240 indicates that accounting conservatism is able to affect the asymmetry of information in the annual reports of companies listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange amounted to 24.0 percent and the remaining 76.0 percent is influenced by other variables outside of the research model. Piecemeal evidence suggests that accounting conservatism variable regression coefficient of -0.474, (β ≠ 0), meaning that in partial accounting conservatism and significant negative effect of the information asymmetry in the annual reports of companies listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange. Refers to the requirement that the results of the study reject Ho and accept Ha.

 

 

Keywords: Accounting Conservatism and Information Asymmetry


Keywords


Accounting Conservatism and Information Asymmetry

Full Text:

PDF

References


Ahmed, Peter dan Robert. H. 2000. Accounting Conservatism & Cost of Debt: An Empirical Test of Efficient Contracting. SRRN Working Paper. Melalui [23/11/12]

Ardiyos. 2000. Kamus Besar Akuntansi. Jakarta: Citra Harta Prima.

Atiqah. 2008. Corporate Governance, Pengungkapan Sukarela, dan Asimetri Informasi. Jakarta: Fakultas Ekonomi Universitas Indonesia.

Eisenhardt, Kathleem. M. 2009. Agency Theory: An Assesment and Review. Academy of management Review Vol. 14, 57-74. Melalui [23/11/12]

Givoly, D., dan Hayn, C. 2000. The Changing Time-Series Properties of Earnings, Cash Flows and Accruals: Has Financial Reporting Become More Conservative?. Journal of Accounting and Economics Vol. 29, 287-320. Melalui [05/02/2013]

Haniati, Sri., dan Fitriany. 2010. Pengaruh Konservatisme terhadap Asimetri Informasi dengan Menggunakan Beberapa Model Pengukuran Konservatisme, Simposium Nasional Akuntansi 3 Purwokerto. Melalui [18/11/12]

Jensen, M. C. dan W. H. Meckling. 2006. Theory of the Firm: Managerial Behavior, Agency Cost, and Ownership Structure. Journal of Financial Economics Vol.3 , 305-360. Melalui [05/02/2013]

Komalasari. 2001. Asimetri Informasi dan Cost of Equity Capital. Jurnal Riset Akuntansi Indonesia. Vol.4, No. 1 (Januari) Hal 64-8. Melalui < http://akuntansia.com/> [08/12/12]

Mayangsari, Sekar dan Wilopo. 2002. Konservatisma Akuntansi, Value Relevance dan Discretionary Accruals: Implikasi Empiris Model Feltham-Ohlson (1996). Jurnal Riset Akuntansi Indonesia Vol.3, 291-310. Melalui < http://akuntansia.com/> [08/12/12]

Munawir. 2004. Analisa Laporan Keuangan. Edisi Keempat. Yogyakarta: Liberty.

Penman, S. H., dan X. J. Zhang. 2002. Accounting Conservatism: The Quality of Earnings and Stock Returns. The Accounting Review 2: 237-264. Melalui < http://www.sciencedirect.com> [21/02/13]

Rahmawati dan Triatmoko. 2007. Analisis Faktor-Faktor yang Memengaruhi Kualitas Laba dan Nilai Perusahaan. Simposium Nasional Akuntansi X. Makassar. Melalui < http://akuntansia.com/> [08/12/12]

Scott, W.R. 2000. Financial Accounting Theory. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall Inc. Melalui [07/01/13]

Suwardjono. 2010. Teori Akuntansi Perekayasaan Pelaporan Keuangan. Edisi Ketiga. Yogyakarta: BPFE.

Sekaran, Uma. 2006. Research Methods for Business: Metodologi Penelitian untuk Bisnis. Buku 2. Edisi 4. Terjemahan Kwan Men Yon. Jakarta: Salemba Empat.

Teguh, Muhammad. 2005. Metodologi Penelitian Ekonomi Teori dan Aplikasi. Edisi 1. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada.

Watts, R. L. 2002. Conservatism in Accounting. Working Paper, University of Rochester. Melalui < http://www.sciencedirect.com> [21/02/13]

Conservatism in Accounting Part I: Explanations and Implications, Journal of Accounting and Economics. 207-221. Melalui < http://www.sciencedirect.com> [21/02/13]

Wolk, Harry I., Michael G. Tearney, dan James L. Dodd. 2001. Accounting Theory: A Conceptual and Institutional Approach, Cincinnati, Ohio: South-Westrn College Publishing. Melalui [15/01/13]




DOI: https://doi.org/10.17509/jpak.v3i2.15434

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Creative Commons License

Jurnal Pendidikan Akuntansi dan Keuangan  is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

View My Stats